Planning for your Retirement
There is a real need to plan for your years in retirement, so you can make the most of this time. People are spending a lot longer in retirement as they are living longer and hopefully having more fun.
Coming into retirement healthy is a great start to living a lovely happy life.
At Seagrims we never see any two clients who are in the same financial situation, which is why advice is so important and based on your individual goals and objectives.
Retirement can be both exciting and daunting as you have worked so long to get there and suddenly you find yourself in a totally different environment.
Here are some questions to ask yourself which might start you thinking:-
- What’s important to you in retirement? eg your values
- How much do you really need to live? ie Budget
- Have you already started adding extra to super and reducing debt?
- Have you thought about how you will fill in your days now you don’t have your work mates to chat with every day?
- What do you need to do, to make sure you will be okay and survive this new chapter in your life?
Remember you are not here for a long time, but a good time, so make the most of it and enjoy yourself.
Written by AM Seagrim