There are thousands of managed funds, ETF’s (exchange traded funds) and direct shares available both in Australia and worldwide.
How can you possibly choose the right one, without first asking yourself some importnt questions:
- Do I need this money in the short term ie 1-3 years?
- Do I have a goal for investing ie a deposit on a home, childrens’ education?
- Do I understand the different options available?
- Will I be adding to it regularly?
- What are the fees involved?
- Will I be able to access this money immediately if I need the funds urgently?
- Do I understand the short term risks involved in the share markets?
- Do I need the investment to be tax effective?
Before you contemplate investing any of your hard earned money you need to make sure you are doing it for all the right reasons, so you don’t have any regrets.
Remember there is no quick way of becoming rich, as slow and steady wins the race and staying on course during the good and bad times always reaps its rewards.
Written by AM Seagrim